Terms & Conditions
1. Ordering: Nova requires a printed sample of your order to be supplied by via email, fax or by mail. Nova does not require a formal purchase order to begin working on an order. If your company requires a purchase order, it is the customers responsibility to supply this.
2. Paper: We will produce your order on the specified paper requested. We reserve the right to substitute for an equal or better quality sheet if the need arises.
3. Supplied Materials: Materials furnished by you or your suppliers are verified by delivery tickets. Nova bears no responsibility for discrepancies between delivery tickets and actual counts. If you supply paper, it must be delivered according to specifications furnished by Nova. These specifications will include: correct weight, thickness, quantity, overage sheets and other technical requirements. Items not meeting these requirements will need to be repaired by you, or by Nova at our current rates.
4. Changes: In the event that a mistake has been found after the job has been put into production, Nova will do its best to stop the job with the least amount of cost to the customer. All costs are to be borne by the customer after production has started. If you would like to redo the job, Nova will charge you for this work at our current rates.
5. Electronic Manuscript or Image: It is your responsibility to maintain a copy of the original file. Nova is not responsible for accidental damage to media supplied by you or for the accuracy of furnished input or final output. Until digital files can be evaluated by Nova, no claims or promises are made about our ability to work with jobs submitted in digital format, and no liability is assumed for problems that may arise. Any additional translating, editing, or programming needed to utilize customer supplied files will be charged at our current rates.
6. Preparatory Materials: Electronic Files, disks, and all other items supplied or originated by Nova will remain Nova’s exclusive property.
7. Color: Nova utilizes the Pantone Matching System (PMS). When reproducing PMS colors, there are variables that will affect the final printed results. Color can change because of but not limited too: paper stock, paper color, type style, weather conditions, etc. Color consistency from monitors to proofs to printed pieces will vary and we will only match colors based on the most recent Pantone books as close as possible.
8. Tolerance: There are many factors that affect the position of the printed image on paper. Paper, printing press, cutting and folding can affect the final position. Because of this, Nova has an acceptable tolerance of up to 1/16”.
9. Envelopes: Due to the manufacturing process, all envelopes have the possibility of not being square and will vary slightly in size. This will greatly affect the position of the image on the envelopes. Because of this, Nova has an acceptable tolerance of up to 1/8” in either direction up, down or side to side.
10. Press Checks: Due to our very tight press time schedule, we are unable to accommodate customer press OK’s.
11. Gang Run’s: We do not gang run any jobs. We individually run each job to insure quality.
12. Quantity: Over-runs or Under-runs of up to 10 percent of the quantity ordered. Nova will bill for actual quantity delivered within this tolerance. If you require a guaranteed quantity, the percentage of tolerance must be stated when placing the order and additional charges may apply.
13. Shipping: FOB 226 52nd Street, Brooklyn, NY 11220. We will make every effort to delivery via the method of your choice. When requesting delivery you may supply your own Fed-ex or UPS account numbers. Shipping and/or handling fees may apply.
14. Terms: A 50% retainer is required on all orders and the balance is C.O.D. Orders may be paid in full in advance. Claims for defects, damages or shortages must be made in writing no later than 10 calendar days after delivery. If no such claim is made within the specified time period, both parties understand that the job has been accepted. By accepting the job, you acknowledge that Nova’s performance has fully satisfied all terms, conditions, and specifications.
15. Indemnification: You agree to protect Nova from economic loss and any other harmful consequences that could arise in connection with this order. This means that you will hold Nova harmless and save, indemnify, and otherwise defend us from any claims, demands, actions, and proceedings on any and all grounds. This will apply regardless of responsibility for negligence.
16. Prices: All price estimates are valid for 90 days after you receive your quote. After 90 days all estimates will need to be re-quoted. Prices given on repeat projects will also expire after 90 days from the date of the original quoted price. All prices are subject to change after 90 days. Prices do not include artwork charges unless specifically noted. Local taxes and shipping charges are not included with estimates unless specifically noted.
17. Copyrights: You also warrant that the subject matter to be printed is not copyrighted by a third party. You also recognize that subject matter does not have to bear a copyright notice in order to be protected by copyright law, absence of such notice does not necessarily assure a right to reproduce. You further warrant that no copyright notice has been removed from any material used in preparing the subject matter for reproduction to support these warranties, you agree to indemnify and hold harmless for all liability, damages and attorney fees that may be incurred in any legal action connected with copyright infringement involving the work produced or provided. If your order has copyrighted materials, you must provide written authorization documentation.
18. Personal or Economic Rights: You also warrant that the work does not contain anything that is libelous, scandalous or anything that threatens anyone’s right to privacy or other personal or economic rights. You will, at your sole expense, promptly and thoroughly defend Nova in all legal actions on these grounds as long as Nova: a) promptly notifies you of a legal action; b) gives you reasonable time to undertake and conduct a defense. Nova reserves the right to use its discretion in refusing to print anything we deem illegal, libelous, scandalous, improper or infringing upon copyright law.
19. Artwork: It is the customer's responsibility to proofread all proofs including lines, words, letters, characters, punctuation, spaces, etc. It is the customer's responsibility to check that this proof is the correct size requested. PRIOR TO APPROVAL, any errors made by Nova will be corrected without additional charges. However, any author's alterations (AAs)* will be billed at Nova's hourly rate in 15-minute increments. If a new proof is requested, additional charges will apply.
20. Cancellations: In the event that the customer cancels an order for any reason, it is the customer's responsible for any costs associated with the order up to that point of cancellation. In addition, customer is responsible for any and all materials costs associated with the order.
ONCE THE CUSTOMER HAS APPROVED THE PROOF, WHETHER APPROVAL IS COMMUNICATED VERBALLY, IN WRITING OR VIA EMAIL, THIS CONSTITUTES AN ACCEPTANCE BY THE CUSTOMER AND AN AUTHORIZATION TO PRINT. UPON CUSTOMER'S APPROVAL OF PROOF, ANY ERRORS, EVEN THOSE OF NOVA'S TYPESETTING AND ART DEPARTMENT, BECOME THE CUSTOMER'S SOLE RESPONSIBILITY AND ANY CHARGES INCURRED IN REPRINTING OR DELAYS IN DELIVERY SHALL BE BORNE BY THE CUSTOMER AND IN NO WAY BE CONSIDERED THE RESPONSIBILITY OF NOVA OFFSET / NOVA GRAPHICS / NOVA PRINTING.
NOVA WILL NOT PROCEED with your order until you have contacted us approving your order. Additionally, by approving your order, you have read, understand and agree to the terms stated above.
* Authors Alterations - When a client asks for a change in the text or artwork after it is in the proofing stage, this is an "AA" or "Author's Alteration". Costs associated with AAs are paid by the client. If the client requests AAs, then the client will be billed at Nova's hourly rate in